The National Health Service Health Research Authority (HRA) has a special interest group focusing on Phase 1 clinical trials.
An excerpt from their web site:
The Phase 1 Advisory Group is established by the HRA as a forum to discuss issues relating to the ethical review of Phase 1 trials in the UK. The Phase 1 Advisory Group meets twice a year.
The membership of the Advisory Group comprises representatives of the following:
- HRA Operations and Approval staff
- NHS/HSC RECs with Type 1 recognition to review phase 1 trials
- Phase 1 trials units
- Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI)
- Bio-Industry Association (BIA)
- Contract Clinical Research Association (CCRA)
- Association of Human Pharmacology in the Pharmaceutical Industry (AHPPI)
- Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
The Phase 1 Advisory Group (P1AG) meeting minutes can be found on their site (link).
The next meeting will take place in London on 09-Feb-2016.
Representatives from the AHPPI, the UK’s early phase trials membership association, have been attending these meetings since their inception in order to put forward the interests of it’s members.
Further, general information on conducting Phase 1 trials in the UK can be found on the HRA’s site (link).